I have been in contract negotiations with Free Credit Report and Bumblebee Tuna guys and regarding the death cage match and they are both willing to participate as long as I can get Billy Mays to do the play by play and Vince from Sham-WOW to be the color commentator. Calls have been placed and hopefully we will see this come to light soon.
So we are spending $170 million on a party...interesting. I am about to go to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I wonder if I wait until tomorrow if I can go in and tell them to put it on Obama's tab. This is just absurd to a point that baffles me. We are in the middle of the worst financial crisis and the elected administration is setting the precedent that it is ok to carelessly spend.
And while most of America goes to work or school tomorrow, those fortunate enough to be in Washington will be privileged enough to show off their Botox enhancements as they wait in line for the porta-potties. They will be able to tell their kids they were there when the country swore in the first Black President and yet another old white guy as Vice President. My DVR will be set and I will certainly have the same view as the thousands watching it on a TV screen in the cold tomorrow.
One of the best articles of the day to come to light is regarding how the 16th President would view the upcoming President. It is funny how people still believe Abraham Lincoln was TOTALLY against slavery. Bottom line is he was for the preservation of the Union and was willing to do whatever he had to to keep it intact, including emancipating the slaves. For the people that believe he would be happy, please explain to me what happened after Lincoln was assasinated and for the next 100 years until Lyndon Johnson signed REAL Civil Rights into law. And please do not try and say things would have been different if Lincoln were still alive because guess what, they certainly would have been different if Kennedy were alive as well. I highly doubt those laws get signed by Kennedy. He was just like Lincoln, a man who was more concerned with the preservation of American ideals than equality of all men.
Another thing that Lincoln might not find so appealing is the apparent censorship of students in a small Ohio community. I am pretty sure there has not been an amendment to repeal the 1st Amendment and that this is somewhat illegal. Will we hear about it on the news tonight? No, probably not. It will be overshadowed by the circus and the celebrities attending the innauguration as if it were an award ceremony. The award, Best Actor in a Presidential Election. And the Oscar goes to, Barack Hussein Obama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment